Nuts....In general

|
Nuts are a great addition to any diet. They are really high in protein and lots of other vitamins and minerals. Nuts, however, if prepared improperly can cause digestion issues and absorption issues, this is due to enzyme inhibitors naturally found in all nuts. I know I have found myself rolling on the floor in pain after eating way too many "dry roasted" nuts. There is a simple solution to enjoying nuts the healthy way!

The general rule of thumb in soaking nuts, is to take 4 cups of your nuts, cover with filtered water in a glass (or non-leaching) bowl and add 1 tbsp salt. Soak in a warm location for at least 7 hours. Drain the nuts and place on a stainless steal baking sheet or a baking stone and place in an oven under 150 degrees for 12 hours or dehydrator. This will dry them out and make them taste more like roasted nuts!

These nuts are great is many recipes! When I say nuts in recipes, I mean crispy nuts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment